Folks,
Greetings from Michigan!

I stopped at a gunshow this weekend, and parked by a table full of stuff. In a plastic bag, were some parts. The fella accepted my $$ and I ran off with this:

The label id's it as a Reproduction 1861 Eli Whitney Navy in 36 caliber, "in firing condition needs final timing".
Well, the seller said that he found it in a box at an estate sale. He included an "extra cylinder"... but that is for an 1851 Navy in 36cal (I have a virtual duplicate on a working revolver). He also included a hammer, but I am not sure if the hammer is correct.

The cylinder has a number on it. Not sure what it means:

The top strap has some machining done on it, but I don't know if anything is "missing".... or if this was a clean up operation.

The trigger guard hasn't been polished or cleaned up:

What I need help with, are the individual parts that are missing. Basically EVERY screw and pin is GONE. Along with the trigger and revolver actuation parts.

I went to Numrich and also Dixie Gunworks (the name on the barrel).... what parts will cross reference? They only list two parts as for the Eli Whitney. But numereous parts are listed for other revolvers. I suspect many will crossreference.
I have a mill and lathe and welder, so modification isn't a problem. But I think I really need a parts breakdown.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.