I picked up a nice 1943 MN 91/30 sniper rifle a couple of days ago, one of the ones which were likely FTR'd in the 1950's. It has a 1941 dated scope on it which has nice clear optics. I'm looking forward to taking it to the range some time (in the misty future) when I have time. I find it odd, though, that the scope mount is set up so high. Granted, the Lee Enfield #4(T) has a cheekpiece installed, but compared to the Lee, the Ross and most Mauser sniper rifles, it seems like you have to have your head held fairly high up to get a good sight picture through the scope on the Mosin--almost a "jaw weld" to the stock instead of a cheek weld. Is it my imagination, or would you have your head sticking up a little higher using one of these than you might like to? I collect mostly Britishicon, Canadianicon and Germanicon stuff, so don't know a lot about these. Was it an issue at all with Russianicon snipers getting their heads shot off?

Ed
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.