hello all,
today my ADHD started running rampant and I as far as I can tell from my browsing history, I started looking at CZ54 snipers rifles then 1903 snipers, then sniper fakes which naturally led me to gibbs, which somehow lead to the prop guns that they made for 'the last samaria', then a long list of wiki pages trying to find the closest actual historical event that could have been the basis for a hollywood film to pass off as "a true story" only to really see that 'based on a true story" in hollywood means about the same as a Mossberg 535 shotgun is based on the blunderbuss. so now that i find myself questioning the credibility of Tom Cruise and his part in the Saigo Rebelion(?) I must wonder if the 1871 mauser was really in the hands of every japanese soldier of the era or if it would have been a mixture of several rifles bought from a number of different countries as this was a time of a very rapid arms race in europe where some countries were either replacing or modifying their arms every 5 years or so. anyone here an expert on this particular subject?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.