I've been meaning to shoot a Garand Match for years but the unavailability of a range I could practice on held me back. Ranges here insisit you buy their targets and are totally unsuited for practicing position shooting.

I joined a club that allows any target so last week I took some SR targets out and fired a few clips through my VAR barreled Danishicon return M1icon. It is a very accurate rifle. With a 6 o'clock hold I hit center of the SR bull by adding 3 clicks to my 200 yard zero.

Yesterday I went out to verify things. I verified my 200 yard zero, added 3 clicks and fired off a clip. I was able to put 6 rounds of HXP 63 in the 10 ring, including 3 x's. I had called fliers at 9 0'clock and 5 o'clock in the 9 ring. All from the bench of course. I obviously won't shoot any better from prone. Now I just have to get my trigger control down, and get some offhand and kneeling practice. I never tried a match because, frankly I throw too many shots. The fact that I can call them dosen't make it any better

Suggestions are of course appreciated.

Now I just have to practice enough not to embarass myself.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.