I recently purchased a Chinese SKS and after reading the threads here I have fairly well determined that is a Chinese SKS manufactured at the Jianshe (26) arsenal. According to research again, the serial number of 12,xxx,xxx dates this gun to circa 1968.

The interesting point about the this one is that is has NO import identification marks at all. I have scoured the gun from barrel to butt and find nothing. That leads me to believe the gun was a war trophy probably during the Vietnam war (based solely on date of mfg).

The SKS is pristine and shows no evidence of slogging thru the jungles of Vietnam or any other war zone. That leaves me with the thought that this came from a recovered weapons cache, rather than taken from an individual combatant.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this matter...am I wrong? am I right? Is there another explanation of an SKS without importation marks/identification?

Thanks in advance.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.