Hello Folks,
I have a couple of questions regarding the restoration of my 1916 BSA MKIII* First, I have picked up a (supposedly) NOS bolt body. Under the handle is 1956, and M47C . I have 3 bolt heads here, and none of them will rotate quite far enough. (5 to 10 degrees depending on the head) So, do I stone the body to allow the heads to turn far enough, or do I keep searching for one that will fit. If I do fit the heads to the bolt body, how do I keep it perfectly square? I have read Peter Laidlers article on using engineers blue to check the fit in the body, but if I can't get a bolt head to fit, no point in fitting it to the action.

Second, I purchased a new fore end. It is enfield marked, and new. I have to do a wee bit of trimming around the action body, but that is easy. My question is, how much force should be needed to fit it onto the rifle. I can't push it with my bare hands, and my de mummyed No4 MK2 requires a wooden mallet, should the No3 be similar, or do I have more fitting to do?

Thanks for putting up with stupid questions, I have never had "new" parts to work with before.

Thanks,
Jesse
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.