Hello everybody,
i am new to this forum and i live in west Germanyicon. I have read some great threads about the M1922 rifle in this forum so i decided to register.
Not long ago a M1922 M2 found a new home im my basement. I found it in excellent condition with blank and sharp barrel at a small gunstore. The clerk told me it came from a deceased collector. I have never seen one of this rifles in my life before and i am surprised about the good condition of steel and wood. I hope you can tell me some information about its age and maybe where it comes from originally.

It it stamped as US Springfield Armory Cal. .22 M2 with the serial number 5129. The barrel near the front sight is stamped with SA 7-42 and the flame bomb symbol. The bolt handle is stamped NS M2. The diopter is a 48C made by lyman. It came with a leather sling which looks like a 1907 modell and a detachable 5 shot magazine.

Is there a must have spare part kit for this rifle? I thought about getting a spare magazine in the us.

Thank you very much.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.