At a store over in PA there is a very strange looking straight pull, i.e. rotary bolt rifle that had a stock job done by Bubba. I'll do my best to describe it but its Christmas and I have three screaming boy's in my only working ear right now so focus is at a minimum. The passenger side of the rifle was marked with Ross of Canadaicon and said patented. It is a large, military style rifle with two bands, the top band has been customized by Bubba, the cocking knob/lever is fairly small with a hole through it, I could not find and military markings on the receiver or a C with a chicken foot. The rear sight is a fairly complicated riding high ramp style with graduation locks, the front sight is a military style ramp, typical of turn of the century. The stock has heavy butt plate and is very large full lengh with finger grooves, Bubba put a schnuble on it. It appeared to be .303 and said so on the tag. Oh yea the tag also said $450.00. On the passenger side of the gun there was a metal tab that came out between the stock and top wood, it is square w/rounded edges. I looked through my liberary and found nothing that refers to this gun. I know you guys are far ahead of me on commonwealth weapons, I'd really like to get an idea of what this is and if there is any chances of ever finding the right wood and top stock band. The rest of the gun looks quite nice and I am of the opinion the metal is as issued, except the foreward band. Any help would be most appreciated-SDH
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.