So I took my old 1939 mosin nagant out to the range a while ago and as usually, I had a blast! This old piece of history is extreamly fun to shoot. At 100 yards it was hitting dead on. It grouped at just under 2 MOA and it was quite a windy day. I wasn't quite satisfied with this. I wanted to see what this puppy could really do so I took aim at the 550 yard metal gong. The target was so small I could hardly see it! It was actually the shape of a hog but it was a very small one and only a rectangle about 1ft by 2 ft was painted and that was all i could make out at that range. I squeezed the trigger and moments later I heard the return of metal on metal. I was impressed with the accuracy of that old rifle. I actually had a better hit/miss ratio than I did with my No.4 Mk.1. I believe I hit about 11 of 20 shots and those that did miss were only by a few inches. This rifle is more accurate than I am of course. This was my first time shooting it at anything past 100 yards and only my thrid time shooting it ever so with practice the results would certainly be much more exciting.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.