OK, finally set-up and running with my M4 in .300 Blackout. Ammo is modified 5.56 brass with Sierra Matchking 125 grain OT Match bullets over 18.2 grains of WW-296, with a CCI #41 5.56 primer, for about 2225-2250 fps from my CMMG 1/7 twist 16" barrel. Kalifonication compliant "Hammerhead" non-pistol grip, pinned no-name M4 stock and a Tactical "Tri-delta 5/8"x24 brake. he sights are no-name, flip-up, metal BUIS, and TASCO ACCUPOINT 30mm shotgun red dot on a 3/4" riser so I can co-witness.

I decided on a 200 yard zero, so sighted in at 30 yards dead on POA/POI, according to my ballistic calculator. The shooting today was done at dusk, low-light,leaning on the back corner of the pickup bed, 90 feet (30 yards) measured, to an M16A1 25 yard battle-sight target. After two very minor adjustments, with sight on the 1/10 setting (smallest pin-point).

I got a 3 shot group dead center in the small silhouette on the battle sight target, that I could cover with a dime! VERY NICE! I had already sighted in the irons, so it was not too hard to set the red-dot. I then did some 100 yard-ish off-hand shooting at pine cones and rocks, with 100% success.

Even though it was low light and I did not have a flash hider, there was very little muzzle flash to speak off. The was very little, if any felt recoil (maybe helped by the heavier H buffer and M16icon BCG). What was REALLy amazing is that I was shooting without ear protection for a few rounds, and the report was nothing like a 5.56. I credit this to powder/barrel length/bullet combination.

My .300 Blackout M4 is my favorite long gun in my arsenal. I love my retro SP1 clone in 5.56, my Winchester M1 Carbine, and my PTR91, but the little .300 Blackout rules the roost! It is my new patrol carbine.

I'll post some pics tomorrow with daylight.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.