I made my every couple of weeks trek up to Cabela's hoping to find a milsurp worth using some points on. Past six months have been nothing but beat to crap Mosin Nagants and badly bubba'ed semi-sporters. This evening I spotted some rifles right off the bat and there were not one but three 24/47's in the racks. This is the rifle that I went up to get three weeks ago when they were on sale but mysteriously they didn't have a single one that day. In any case, I was not very happy, they were back up to $399 which is a joke.

Just getting ready to leave when I decided to scan again and an odd sight caught my eye in the semi-auto rack. WOOD. I said to myself, it can't be but it was, a Frenchicon MAS 49/56 in original 7.5. This was not on my official "list" as it is post WWII but it is one I've been admiring for a couple of years and being disappointed over and over by that 308 stamp on the side. Price was good for Cabelas, and since I had enough points, it came home free and clear.

I told the wife it didn't even need a bayonet as it didn't take one. To my chagrin, I quickly learned it did indeed take a bayonet when I looked it up on the net. Ugly thing I seemed to recall having in the pile upstairs. Sure enough, bayonet came before the rifle. All I need now is a sling. Two salesmen handled it on the way through processing. First said, wow, good price, this just got put out. Second also said good price. They listed it at $399.00. Not super but below book.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.