hello everyone im new to the forum and the 1917 eddystone rifle I have an m-1 garand but recently just got my grandfathers eddystone that he used in wwII. the gun is in ok condition was made 11-18 I have a lot of the accessories like the bayonet the sling which is pretty rough. the rifle has stayed in my family since my grandfather brought it home I was wondering if anyone makes a replacement stock for the rifle I don't want a sporterized stock I would like an original stock theres nothing really wrong with the stock just that over the years my uncles or my grandfather put a high gloss clear finish on it and I would like to try to take it back to its original condition. I was also wondering can I use my greek ball ammo from my garand in the eddystone I know there 30.06 I don't know if the garands ammo is a hotter load because it has to cycle a semi rifle any information you guys have would greatly be appreciated just from reading some of the posts there seems like a lot of people that know what there talking about
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.