Looks like I'll soon be the owner of an M57. I've done some research on them but there isn't a lot of detailed stuff out there that I can find. I know it's a "copy" of the Russianicon version with some improvements like an extra round. It does have the added safety. I've also viewed the various videos out there and see it has extreme penetration power for a handgun.

Surplus ammo seems to have dried up.

Any insights? It's a bit after my WWII period of interest but it caught my eye and will go nicely with my M48.

I'll post some photos when I actually get it. Comes with a very nice holster which seems out of the norm for these. Most look like crap. The one grip appears to be upside down, I'm hoping this is an easy fix, can't imagine why it wouldn't be, take if off and put it back on the right direction.

I read there is some safety issues possibly. Something about not carrying it with a round in the chamber but I"m wondering if that is when they do not have a safety or if the safety isn't that reliable.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.