This is my first post so I don't know exactly where to start. I acquired this Martini action 25-30 years ago and just never got around to doing anything with it. As I have been convalescing, I began to consider the projects I would complete upon my recovery that looks to be soon. High on that list is putting together a rifle on this action.

First is to verify it is strong enough to shoot. Take a look at the attached pics and tell me what you think. I have some measurements but they are crude, no, make that approximate since my right hand (and i'm right handed) is still in a cast, if that will help verify if it is a fake or not.

If it will pass, and I think it will, I'm thinking about chambering it for 45-70 or maybe 7mm-30 Waters. I have a 45-70 reamer and have access to a Waters reamer.

Since I have no barrel to take measurements from I really need the dimensions for the barrel spigot (or should that be tenon) and extractor cuts. And speaking of extractor, please take a look at this one. I'm guessing it is for a rimfire 22. It has been welded on,,, a lot. Is that the way it is supposed to look?

Thanks for any replies,
Jack
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.