Quote Originally Posted by chuckindenver View Post
intersting post, iv been looking into the .300 blackout build, i want a small compact easy to use rifle, to shoot pigs, but still heavy enough for deer or antelope..dont care about subsonic, but like the 30/30 specs that i can get with 125Grn bullets.
question.
looking at barrels, the original 30/30 had a 1 and 15 twist made for the 150 to 170 grn round nose bullets, 30-06 has a 1-10. found a company that offers a nice stainless barrel in 1 -8.5 twist....anyone have experiance with this?? what type of accuracy are you getting, and what pet loads work good for 150 to 250 yards???
The CZ527 is a good platform for this build. The donor rifle should be a 223. All that is required is a barrel change and a simple magazine mod. No feeding issues like those experienced with the Remington M7.
Even though you don't intend to shoot subsonic, I would still barrel it with a 8 twist barrel. If you ever decide to sell it, it will be much more desirable if it will stabilize 220's.
I have not shot mine with supers, so I can't vouch for accuracy with them. Subs will shoot just under an inch with the load it likes. Hodgdon has data on their web site. Best powders for supers are H110/W296, and Lil Gun. H4227 also deserves a look. Stick with bullets no heavier than 140grs. for supers. By the time you get to 150grs. velocities drop to 1900fps.
Cases can be made from surplus LC brass, or you can buy them from several sources that are now converting them.