Hi, new to the forum, not new to Garands, 30-06, and WW2 militaria. Great forum by the way!

There is probably an answer to my question out there, but I haven't been able to find it after numerous searches. Back in the 80's (which didn't use to sound that long ago...) my boss, in his 60's and a Navy vet, gave me a partial bandolier of USGI WW2 Garand ammo. He served in Hawaii shortly after the Korean War and one day was ordered to take a barge offshore and dump a bunch of "expired" ammo. He and his crew hauled crate after crate of M1icon Garand, Carbine, machine gun, etc ammunition out to deep water and started dumping it overboard. Kind of brings a tear to your eye, doesn't it... My boss scrounged a few bandos of Garand ammo and somehow got them home either during or after his enlistment was up. The bando he gave me had 4 or 5 clips in it (I think), Lake City 1943. I was new to collecting at the time, and had just gotten my first Garand. Like a dummy, I shot all of it up except for one clip. I kept all the clips, though.

So here's my question. I still have the bandolier, all of its cardboard inserts, and the Lake City insert card. I have a bunch of Borg Warner clips, which I know are post-war. The sole remaining loaded clip in the bando has an SA-stamped clip. I have 3 other SA clips and 2 SA-with-dashes-over-and-under clips. I'm pretty sure I've retained all my clips over the ensuing years. Would the clips in a wartime bandolier all have the same stamping, or did the armories have a mix and the bando could have a mix?

How's that for a "Riddle Me This, Batman"?...
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.