I found a SHTLE at my local gun store and it appears to be in fairly decent shape. The band on the side says 1917 Lithgowicon SHT.LE in a shield with a star above it. The serial number on the bolt, receiver, site, and end of the barrel say 88661 with no prefix or suffix. On top of the receiver and also I believe on the right side of the stock it says 3 MD. Also on the right side of the stock is the disk with an asterisk or star punched in it, 5 / 44 and I believe 3 /18. There is also a shield branded into the stock but it is fairly faint, looks like similar images I have found online of the kangaroo. The wood has no cracks that I have seen and the wood grain is fairly wavy, thinking it is a maple. There is no rust anywhere that i have seen, the copper pins in the wood have a little green around them, and the rifling and bolt appear to be dirty and just in need of a cleaning. Also there is no magazine cutout. Also it does have an import mark for JJCO, NY NY. I have heard JJCO pieced together a bunch of rifles so that is why I am leary. They are asking $350, is that a decent price or should I walk away?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.