Quote Originally Posted by Kev G View Post
Tom,hope the pics below help to point out the difference between Monotype and Inglis ?
ATB KG
Kev,
Thanks! That is exactly what I am looking for...... ;-)

So....that at least gives me a mission now.....find Brit parts to match. Or not. Since this is primarily a shooter for me over here, it probably doesn't matter.

I am more inclined to keep the mis-match parts as they are, but at least now I am educated to know what to look for on the lower housing. For barrels, probably be straight luck as over here, you take what you find......as I am finding......having gone looking for parts, barrels, etc. , the last few days. I cleaned out IMA the other day of the last of their nice condition spare Mk II barrels, so its time to beat the bushes.

Just to stir the pot.....and create abject horror on the part of traditionalists......I spent most of today working up a magazine conversion for my intended 7,64x54R conversion. Barrel and bolt work seems to be easy, but the mag issue keeps raising its ugly head. So, I spent the day thinking outside the box.....and decided to go with a modified DP-28 pan mag! Best of both worlds it seems, and won't block the iron sights as it is not too tall. I have so many extra pans for my DP's that I found a donor and milled off the receiver adapter portion and set the CMM machine and digitized the needed areas, then spent about 3 hours lengthening it in the CAD drawing to fit the BREn magwell, measured from a cut parts kit section I have here. Tomorrow I am going to draw up a biasing plate to hold the front end of the DP pan securely and figure out where it needs to be tied down. Once I get the CAD done, I am going to print out a plastic 3D model and try to hand fit into the parts kit section mag well area and see where we are......really, it should work.....just machine the new block and TIG it back to the bottom of the DP pan. I have a great loader for the DP pans so it would very nice if I could make this work. There's just some thing about a DP..... ;-)

-TomH