Been reading Peter's Sten gun book with great interest, that it got the juices flowing that much that I bought myself a deact Sten to examine and compare. The Sten in question being ex Finish army stock, has the usual Finish features found in Peter's book, sling swivel attachments on stock and barrel nut and large ball cocking lever. I noticed that my Sten has the rolled mandrel formed body which was quite unusual, I also noticed that there is a small logo on the trigger housing, a small circle with the letters at the top inside B W 4 with 11 underneath any one know the logo. The stock is marked with a very small F with the number 15 underneath. The magazine housing has a serial number starting with the letters AG and the manufacture is B&T. The barrel is has the alignment sighting mark, otherwise an interesting piece.

On a last note which most probably comes under myths and fiction section. I seem to remember reading that a load of 9mm ammo captured from the Italians during the early part of the North African campaign was part of the deciding factor for the Sten to be in 9mm, maybe a load of old b.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.