Hello everyone. This is my first post and it's out of necessity. I have recently acquired a Remington '03A3 from a private collection. I just returned from visiting an expert in military firearms who inspected my rifle and made the following statements. 1. It appears to be all original. 2. It is unfired 3. This weapon may have never been issued, and 4. Due to the orientation of the serial number it was likely intended to be a sniper variant, but never had the final mods done to mount a scope, etc. So...now what do I do? It was given to me by another Marine, and I will eventually pass it down to my son who is also a Marine. It has cosmolineicon in every nook and cranny, and the wood (all original) is caked with it too. I do not intend to EVER fire this weapon...or even work the action any more than necessary. My big question is do I clean it and re-preserve it...or just leave it as is? It's kind of messy to show it to someone in it's current state due to the old cosmoline. Any expert input and advice would be welcomed. Thanks, and Semper Fi...Mike
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.