I found what is best described as a Frankenross yesterday. Thought about buying it but ultimately decided against. There is a wood screw near the end of the extractor. I can't figure out what it is supposed to be doing. They drilled a hole in the center of the extractor about a half inch from the end and inserted this screw far enough that it touches the bolt head.

It is an MKII by the way. (was).

There is also a 3/4 inch wide band wrapped around the rifle just in front of the receiver. Not sure what this is doing either but it was installed and brazed in place and will not come off unless it is cut off. It is held in position by two small brass screws.

The stock was cut off at the middle barrel band. It is missing the blade on the front sight. It is missing the magazine cut off. It is missing all three sling rings.

The killer is that the safety does not work. It is there but appears a spring is missing but in any case, no matter where you put it, it won't go on unless forced and held.

The bore looked good, the bolt worked smoothly, the overall finish has light surface rust.

Is there ANY value to such a creature. I thought about restoring it but the stock alone would seem to cancel that idea and it isn't safe to fire now without a functioning safety.

No idea what is under that band. We did move it and the stock all appears normal underneath but we can't get it off far enough to disassemble.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.