Find it odd that there is no thread on Swede rifles as they probably outnumber Swissicon 10 to one.

Anyway, I am building a "somewhat replica" of a type 41 sniper rifle.
Started with a Mauser Werke M96 (great real walnut), found a bent bolt with perfect headspace. An exact repro mount was bought and fitted with an early Kahles 8x56 which looks a lot like the 4x90 that costs 1000s.

The problem is with the mount. It has opposing windage screws as most original scopes had no windage adjustment. Problem is that the range of windage in the mount is tiny, nothing like a windage adjustable G&H of the same era. The range is limited by the windage screw(s) heads which bottom out in the recess cut for them. As it is about impossible to get the base mounted incorrectly windage wise due to its exact match to the receiver contour, as well as leveling it, I am flummoxed.

Anyone run across this one before ? Only fix I can see is either shimming the mount (ugh) or having the screw head hole(s) milled deeper.

Thanks.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.