Hey all. In response to one of my older posts I decided to try and help preserve this piece of history in my collection. A little of the backstory: this rifle came to me for the rough sum of $50 of hard work and friendship with a vintage military dealer. He got an all matching lebel at the same time and he wanted that more. I guess he didn't know what he practically gave away. It looks like it got run over by a truck but it is no less impressive. Every number matches except for the bolt head and the trigger assembly. The rear sling swivel was broken so that was my first task. After I found the swivel in a drawer of spare parts my dealer friend had I next had to find the correct 5 shot trigger guard assembly since my rifle came with a much older 3 shot assembly (ironically enough with the same serial number prefix). I got lucky and found one on the bay of evil for $25. After I reassembled the rifle my friend gave me a few slings that were old and musty and told me that I could have them if I could clean them up. Among the slings was a very old and well used Frenchicon sling, possibly of ww1 vintage. Finally as of late I have begun applying linseed oilicon to the stock to help preserve what finish and markings remain on it. Since this weapon has seen so many wars, it only seems right to help preserve it for the journey ahead. Thanks everyone for reading and here are some pictures of this old gal.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.