Thought I'd share a story about my most recent find. I'm normally the guy jealous of those deal finders, but finally got to be "that guy" for a change.

While at Bass Pro doing some looking around, I found a rack of old milsurps just outside the Fine Gun Room. While perusing through them, I find this M38. After a bit of looking at it and some research, I figured out it wasn't just an M38, but also a Fin capture.

I originally started to walk away from it, but the wife actually talked me into buying it. $119.99 was what it was marked at.

I'm sure there are several Mosin aficionados on here and I'd love to hear any input or anything you guys see of note. What I'm finding is a matching bolt and receiver with "D" and [SA] marks. The butt plate is mismatched, as is the front hand guard ring. The magazine floorplate appears scrubbed. The rifling looked good, but I'm going to have to do some cleaning to see how shiny it is, but no pitting that I could see in the store. If you catch something I'm missing, please let me know.

All in all, I think it's a nice specimen and the price was definitely right. The guy said they hadn't had those guns on the rack for more than an hour. They were part of the estate of a Korean War vet that had recently passed that they were selling. I hate that the family got the raw end of them not knowing the market value of this piece, but at the same time I'm glad I could find such a steal.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.