Hi Gents

Im hoping you can help. I acquired this STEN gun about a year ago, the licence from our police has only just been granted, and I need help identifying exactly what I have here.
I assume she is Canadianicon by the pattern stock, however what im trying to figure out is that if she is Canadian then how did she get here.

Just to fill in the gaps I live in South Africa. I am a firearms collector. I collect Russianicon and Germanicon. However when this STEN presented itself I had to jump on it.
This weapon and several other weapons were found in an old military store. I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time, this weapon along with the others where destined to go to the smelter. I managed to save this and several other collectables at a price. Time and money, red tape etc.

I would really like to know from the experts exactly what I have here?

The weapons I managed to salvage where all war bring backs from Angola im told! I know that all the old colonies used STEN's and Sterlings. Could this have come from Zambia or Rhodesia perhaps. Someone has said that during the South Africa border war, that UNITAS used STEN guns?! Is this fact?!

All help appreciated.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

This weapon is also fully functional. No modifications have been made to her at all.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.