While i'm at it since this is my first post I would like to say, "Hello milsurp forums!" I am much like you, I prefer wood and steel to polymer and plastic. I prefer a firearm with a story to one that shoots lasers. Looking forward to posting/reading.

Well let me just tell you all my newbie errors in one go. I got this Enfield No2 Mk1 double action only british tanker's revolver for $500 at a local gun shop. I think I paid a little much for it, but I really wanted it and it was a total impulse buy. Anyways I shot 50 rounds through it with no issue and decided to fully disassemble it in order to clean/lubricate all the parts. I eventually found myself outside of my league. It is a fairly complex disassembly especially when you get down to the hammer spring. Anyways while I was trying to reassemble it, the hammer smacked the receiver a few times and now the firing pin won't protrude through all the way (the firing pin remains undamaged as far as I can tell). I think it's stuck on something. My guess is some metal bits in the receiver got chipped or something I don't know. I have some pictures to show what I mean.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.