Demand is definitely high right now in Canadaicon due, I think, to internet fueled interest and currently favorable ownership laws. I talk to a lot of people at gun shows and often encounter newcomers looking for a first milsurp. Two distinct groups- young guys looking for a $175.00 SKS and older, well healed types looking to start a collection with a No.4T or similar high end piece. Level of knowledge is often low and for serious collectors bargains can still be found. But not No. I MkIII's- everyone with a $5.00 copy of Stratton wants one. I've probably only seen 3 or 4 for sale at shows in the last 3 years. One on a larger commercial company website was priced at $2300.00! Meanwhile nice, original MkIII*'s can be found for $300. I had to import a MkIII from the US early this year to finally have one in my collection (meanwhile I've had no trouble getting a reasonably priced MKI***, Mk V, MLE, T's, etc, etc). I believe it is a supply vs demand situation but one in which non-market forces (politics) drive spikes in demand. If our esteemed Liberal Party ever regains power we may see another glut in the marketplace like that which accompanied the imposition of the now defunct long gun registry.

Ridolpho