A good friend of mine owns a gun shop and this walked in last week. This is the same shop where a few other hitherto-unreported LB experimental snipers and items have shown up - some of those pieces are in the MKLicon already. The Ottawa area is home to Connaught Ranges where a LOT of the LB trial stuff was evaluated in the 1940's.

Anyhoo... this one came with an original No.32 mount that has been modified to use only one screw per ring (lightened?). I believe an older serial or marking was filed off the side before it was blued. The knobs are both stamped with C-arrows.

The scope itself is entirely in the while. Reticle is a german post and crosshair with a fourth vertical line that stops short of the point of aim - makes it look sorta like a duplex reticle without the fine crosshair in the middle.

Everything is machined - it looks like a toolroom-made optic. Still n the white everywhere, including the internal and under lens rings, etc. IT just never had a finish applied.

Came in a legit No.32 scope case.

What do you guys think? It's simply too well done to be a basement job, but not refined enough to be a production item. The number of tiny screws and dovetail fits is incredible. All the lens retainer screws show evidence of tiny scribe lines along the axis of the scope tube - as a part-time machinist, it screams "toolroom prototype" to me.

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.