Hello,

My name is Chase, I joined this forum years ago and have lurked from time to time, but my interest in Bren guns has brought me back. I thought I'd share a pic of my trio and say hello. For years I dreamed about being able to own something special... I always wanted to collect guns you don't see everyday a show or the range... and that is when I discovered parts kits.

Since 2008 I've been collecting kits and tools and trying to learn what to takes to legally build a quality semi auto from a kit. At this point I'm getting very close to diving in and bringing my kits back to life.... on the list for 2015 is a blasting cabinet and a mill and I'll be ready to go.

The kit in the back is actually my second Bren kit, my first was a Mk.II kit from Military Gun Supply. I was young and excited... and very lacking in tools. I attacked the slag for days with a dremel... and in the end made a mess of it . So I took a step back, learned from my mistakes and spent some time finding a better kit... the one pictured. I thought the fact that it was a mix of Mk.1 and Mk.2 parts was interesting. The finish wear on the parts matches closely which leads me to believe it has been this way for a long time.

The kit in the middle is actually Zb39... I picked up this kit after locating a cut Mk.1 Bren receiver, only then did I realize that although it would work, it was in no way "correct" for a Zb. I did however, locate a horribly torched double dovetail to use a much more suitable start for the build. As you can see in the pic I was also able to locate an uncut barrel socket section as well. I'd really like to learn more about the history of these guns, did they really only make 100 of them?

The kit up front was a bit of a panic buy... as I was planning buy a Mk.1 from MGS when they sold out... so I panicked and bought one from them on the Gunbroker... and overpaid . Live and learn I guess. The bright spot was I was able to obtain some "filler pieces" for the receiver for the paltry sum of $30... which contained a good barrel socket and mag catch, locking shoulder area.

Not pictured is my 4th kit (it is still in route), I hope to use it to create a replica of T41 Bren in 30.06... more on that later.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.