My father just passed away Monday morning and my step-mom is already getting his stuff out of the house and thankfully she passed on my Dad's rifle to my son (who's almost 11).

I didn't know what type of rifle this was at first and neither does my husband but as I've looked online, it appears there is quite a bit of history with this gun.

I'd like to know when it was manufactured and if I need to, I'll post pics so you can all "appraise" it's condition, is it worth anything....etc.

My Dad never told me much about this gun I'm afraid so I don't know how long he's had it, if it was passed down to him, if he's done any mods to it or anything like that and I'd like to maybe know some of that info if any of you are willing to help me out.

There is no dates or stamping on the stock so the only info I have to go by is what is on the metal part (see, I'm really no expert!) It says Model 1898. Springfield Armory and then 471965. That's it....

Thanks for your input
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.