Hi, new to the group and new to Enfields. I have a 1944 No4 MK1* manufactured at the Long Branch arsenal. It has the small flip sight at the rear that says 300 and then flips to 600. I was looking for the proper ladder type sight (if there is such a thing). I'm told the best is of course is the machined ladder with the micro adjust, but I'm also told the the No4 MK1* was built with an eye towards cost so the correct ladder sight would be the stamped version. Is the MKIII stamped sight correct for the 1944 or is the little flip sight it came with what they were equipping them with? I saw a couple on eBay that had the A inside the C for Canadaicon or the Canadian arsenal, but I was thinking that was a post war mark and I should be looking for the broad arrow inside the C or some other mark. There was one on eBay that I thought correct but my best bid was beaten into the dust by somebody who wanted it way more than me. Any help or guidance on this would be appreciated. Oh, the Enfield shoots great with the sight it has, but it the receiver just looks like it should have something more on it than that little flippy thing.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.