Hello Gents, I own a couple of Enfield No.2 Mk.1 revolvers. My first one is a 1942 dated Enfield-made with the spurless hammer & plastic grips. The latest one is a 1940 Enfield-made, spur hammer & wooden grips.
The '42 works flawlessly, but the '40 extractor only travels a short distance before returning home. I have taken the cylinder assembly (& individual components) from each & tried them in both revolvers. The cylinder from the '40 works fine in the '42 frame, but not vice-versa, so I'm assuming the problem has nothing to do with the extractor, spring, nut, etc. Would the problem lie with the extractor cam &, if so, how does one remove it to check/replace? I see Numrich have the Extractor Cam Assembly (lever, roller, & spring)available for $20, so will order one if the consensus is that is the most likely culprit.
While I'm ordering parts, are there any others that would be useful to have 'just in case'?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.