Hey everyone. As promised here are some of my new items. The first sword I purchased from a ww2 vet who came in to a gun show last December. He picked this sword up during the war off of a dead body after his co killed the sword's owner. I ended up giving $500 for it which was way more than the other dealers would offer him and I got to see the all matching mummed Arisakaicon he picked up as well as a token of his appreciation. The second sword is a type 95 that comes with a great story. The sword was a gift from a coworker of my moms at the VA. His father was a marine in ww2 and served on the islands of Kwajalein, Roi-Namur, and Tarawa. He killed the soldier who was holding this sword when he was on Tarawa and brought it home where it sat in the attic until his son learned that I collected militaria and gave me his father's sword as a gift from one marine's son to another. I also got to see all of the other items his dad brought home, including his helmet and Kabar. Thanks for looking and all comments are welcome.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.