I have always liked M1icon carbines, but never thought to see if there was an online group or forum. So glad I found this site. I recently inherited some gun stuff from my Dad. In it is a couple of M1 carbines and a stock that he had felt was an original paratrooper. I know there are a lot of reproductions out there. I'm wondering if someone can help me authenticate it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've included some pictures. I hope I am in the right subforum to do this, if not please let me know.

Whole view. I am missing the barrel band and top wood piece.

Right side above pistol grip "c" marking.

Left side pistol grip with two markings. Showing Rock Island rearsenal, maybe?

Right side, correct rivets?

RI under pistol grip. No sign of crossed cannons, but a lot of wear in this area.

Another view of bottom of pistol grip.

OI bottom right corner.

Left side, correct rivets?

Markings on butt plate.

Any help greatly appreciated. Can post more pictures if needed. I remember the complete gun when I was in my teens(in my fifties now). My Dad did a lot with guns and owned quite a few M1 carbines at one time. So there is no telling what he broke down or traded parts on. I am trying to locate the barrel band and top wood piece also. What's it's worth, whether real or reproduction? Thanks.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.