My Swedishicon Mauser came Wednesday. I held out for nearly a year looking for a '99 Obendorf that could go on the antique rack in my office. We're totally matching except the cleaning rod (037). Very nice tiger striped stock with a period splice on the right side of the forearm. Bore was the only downside in the description, 'dark with light pitting,' which turned out to only be crud. After bore foam and a dozen patches with my 6.5 Italianicon Vetterli Jag, the bore actually came out very good. Came out nearly perfect after I used a new 2.70 bore snake; it took those black bits off the lands in the bore pic. Got an original sling from LTC. Total cost was well under $400. I think I did pretty good, especially for an Obendorf Swede. Action is very slick; I'm going to put a box of PPU out of it tomorrow.

The disc translates to barrel diameter: 6.50mm, and a high bore condition rating of 1 meaning minimal dark areas in the bore. The over/under hold portion of the disc is unmarked, which is evidently common. Looks like a very tight and sharp bore.

Thanks,

T
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.