Hi guys I'm trying to talk a fellow co-worker into selling me his Canadianicon Arsenals 7.62mm rifle No4MK1*. The conversion was done to 1943 Longbranch and yes the bolt has matching #'s to the receiver, the fore-stock #'s also match. No bayonet lugs on barrel...and at the front of the barrel it is marked 7.62mm along with the CA stamp. It is equipped with a Sterling magazine which some clown drilled not one but two holes trying to make it a 5 shot mag!!! The rifle has had some serious bedding work done to it. The middle sling swivel, just forward of the mag is the tall type, which I understand is correct for this gun. On the receiver ring, 1500 is the number stamped in and that number is also stamped on top of the bolt handle, I suppose it is the 1500th rifle that was converted. It is missing the ejector which is a shame!!! The receiver ring also has what I believe to be the CA stamp (it's very small), it also has some other small stamps and as well is Englandicon marked.
The rifle feeds flawlessly out of the Sterling mag and extracts but obviously with no ejector it's a bit of a pain. The bore condition is pristine!!! The stock has about a 2" crack just forward of the wrist on the left side but other than that wood is nice condition. Bubba also put a small bolt and nut where the fore end reinforcing pin is supposed to be!!!!! The sight is the standard vernier ladder and is CA and LB stamped. Where these sights calibrated for the new 7.62 round?
Would CA have ordered the complete Sterling kits from England inspite of them manufacturing and using there own barrel? Maybe they just ordered mags, extractors and ejectors??
As I try to swing a deal with the fellow, do these rifles command a fair premium over a standard Longbranch?? I also need to know if there is a source for ejectors.
Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.