This 1944 dated BMB IMHO is one of the nicest HSAT's I had seen for sale in some time and so I had to add it to my collection it retains all most all of its original dark brown paint and textured finish.
The liner was manufactured by BMB (Briggs Motor Bodies ) and is in a nice large size of 7 3/4 the crown pad is still present with the faint out line of chalk around it the sorbo rubber is still quite pliable and supple and the harness is spot on all and all a very nice helmet that has seen very little use.
The net was mid to late war produced and the scrim has been tied and woven through it for eons of course there is no way to tell with out direct provanace but there is a good possibility that this net was very late war and or early post war applied as it matches the wear and patina on the rest of the helmet body and has left a nice ghost imprint on the shell wear it has been resting against the steel.
There has been a picture drawn on the crown pad and it would appear to be a drawing of a cottage or a house on a cliff face with a small sail boat in the distance and gulls on the horizon.
Perhaps it was drawn from boredom a soldier thinking about home or a child that has found a new medium to doodle on we will very probably never know.

Regards Mark
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.