New member, be kind. First post.
Good friend, no internet access, has an M1A1icon paratrooper. Had the "military guns experts" at the local gun club look it over. They had the books, the form, etc. Back story is friends Dad was a Chief in the Navy, assigned to a destroyer, was issued this gun on board, kept it in his locker for the duration-how it got back to the states is unknown(duffle bag?), gave to my friend(son) has had it ever since.
I know for a full scale eval, will need all the info, pics, etc. For now, a general question. the locals all feel it is as issued, barrel and receiver marked Inland, serials indicate date as Nov-Dec 1942 for both, general characteristics are sound-right rear sight, no bayo lug, right markings. The general question is, I can see asking prices/selling prices on all the normal internet sites. However, all that I can find are dated 1944. Would the 1942 date add any significant value over the 1944 ones?
Thanks
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.