Hi all,

Well today my 1889 Swissicon arrived, unfortunately I don't have pictures of that beauty yet (I will provide some later), but it had this odd thing in the chamber. I only discovered it because I went to put a cleaning rod down the barrel to see how the bore was (it was a little dirty), and the cleaning rod wouldn't fit. So I beat it out with a cleaning rod and hammer, and I found this

Doing some research it seems to be a 4mm Flobert adapter. Unfortunately I don't have any of the other parts, but from what I understand this was used for parlour shooting indoors.

Are these common, or rare or what have you? I really don't know much about them as I have never had a interest in parlour guns or even trainer guns. I just want to be able to use my 1889, the way it was intended.

There doesn't appear to be any alterations to the rifle, but if someone who knows something about these would be able to verify that these kits didn't require any major modifications to the rifle which would make it unsafe to shoot with GP-90/23 loads please let me know.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.