The sniper div will have used all 3 but the only ones I used to see were the old Sct Reg, the big Swift and the little dk green Kowa (that were obtained from a supplier in Reading and a very affable Jock was the link man there). That said, the Kowa also had a 99 UKicon identifier - presumably because it was sourced in the UK.

In the early 2000's the Kowa was codified as the tele for the L96 and as such added to the CES in much the same way as the Sct Reg was codified/made part of the L42 CES. All that meant to us or the unit was that instead of the tele's being on the G1098/armoury shelf as general surveillance kit it became part of the rifle kit. I don't remember stands for them either although the reccy div and xxxxxxxxxx team would have had access to them.

Re the big Swifts (anyone know/remember who made them......) were good but...! We had to get new OG lens retaining rings made for some reason - I think it was dust and sand getting behind the OG lens - and Sgt Alex Lxxxxxx (one of the last REAL instrument Techs) had to formulate the plan of action with the manufacturer of the new rings (they were at Bury St Edmunds?). To do that job I wrote a few off that they could use as samples. We had a lot of them. Our new made rings were flat instead of beveled and were screwed down using pin pliers instead of a large flat concave screwdriver. Sorry to go off at a tangent with this useless info.

Incidentally, I seem to think that the Swifts came a dark grey colour and were over painted khaki prior to issue. The ones for Gulf 1 were then poorly overpainted sandy yellow