I have a M95 I bought at auction a couple of years ago. I've previously only shot commercial ammo (mostly PPU 139gr SP). I've recently started reloading. It seems all of my guns shoot old and/or obscure calibers. Plus this way I can control what gets put in my guns.

I don't hunt so this round would be for target shooting, and currently my local range is max 500 yards. So no extra long range stuff for me.

I know that for this gun I need to be extra careful. So I have researched to the best of my ability on what I need to do to make a safe and accurate load.

I chose IMR4350 for the powder because I saw quite a few recommendations for it (mostly because it was said it is a slower burner). I have brass, both new and once fired. I got the collet dies from Lee.

Now I just need the bullets. This is where I'm stuck. I've seen in multiple places that these guns have a long throat, and that they were designed with a 175gr round nose bullet in mind. Well those bullets must be made of solid gold, because for the life of me I cannot find them anywhere. I've even called Hornady and was told by a rep that they are not "discontinued", but they are not being scheduled for further production.

So what I need now is an alternative, and frankly I'm at a loss. I would prefer to find something somewhat inexpensive, as I'm only doing short (less than 500 yd) target shooting. At this point, I would take any advice someone can give. I can post pictures of the gun if it will help, but it appears to be a standard full length M95.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.