Hello all,
I wanted to share my 1st carbine. I just picked it up a couple of weeks ago from my LGS here in Alabama. As far as I know it is not a CMPicon carbine but it could have come from the DCM years ago. I will find out!
I am new to the carbine. My Grandfather-in-law has 2 of them and I had a chance to shoot one. I was hooked!
So for the past year I have been looking for one. I put in for the CMP's recent carbine lottery but I have bad luck most of the time.
So my wife suggested going to my LGS because they have a lot of mil surp riffles. I said I don't think they have carbines.
I was going to build one up but I couldn't find a receiver at a decent price. So I was really bumbed out. So we looked on Gunbroker and found that my LGS (Birmingham Pistol Wholesale) had an Inland. I went down to the store but they said they sold it. Typical for me, a day late or a dollar short as usual.
Anyways they said the did have a carbine and that it was a Rock-ola. I said what is a Rock-ola because of my lack of knowledge in carbines. They brought it out and it looked terrible. The only thing that looked good was the stock. They wanted $1200 for it as well! So I gave it back to them.
I went home and called my pappy up and told him. He just about had a coronary and said; "Son, you better go back and buy that carbine!"
I took his advice and gave them $1000+tax. I was nervous because that is a lot of cash!

It turned out to be a diamond in the rough! It is mostly parts correct and never re finished. The only items that are not Rock-ola are:
IO stock/handguard
rear sight
type 3 barrel band
front sight
magazine catch

Here are some pictures:
Attachment 70112Attachment 70110Attachment 70111Attachment 70109
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.