In my collection I have a Long Branch MK2 Sten (old spec U.K. de-acc) which I have owned for some time and I couldn't figure out why it had some "oriental" writing on the mag housing in addition to the normal identifications/stamps etc. In the last few days, with the help of Peter's book I have identified this as being a military aid Sten supplied to China in WW2. What I have also noticed is that it also has a Canadian acceptance marking (arrow within a C) just above the breech opening on the mag housing.

What I am interested to know is whether all the military aid Stens made by Long Branch had the Canadian acceptance mark applied to the weapon before they left Canadaicon or the more logical explanation that it was applied after capture by Canadian forces in Korea before being placed in Canadian stores. I would be very interested to hear from any-one else who also owns a Chinese Aid Long Branch Sten and whether or not it has the Canadian acceptance marking on it. Clearly any Stens captured by Britishicon forces in Korea will not have had the Canadian acceptance mark applied after capture but it may still be present for the reasons already mentioned.

It's funny how anything rare which I own in my militaria collection I have purchased by chance or accident.

Many thanks for any information.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.