Hello,

I have been a member of CSPicon for a couple of years now, but I rarely post. Mostly I enjoy reading eveyone's posts and if I do have a question I seem to always find an answer in a previous post somwhere. I sit back everyday and I look ar what is going on to the country that I fought very hard for and it saddens me. What has happened to our great country? I did a simple search for a buddy of mine from service days. The results came up with a link to a web site called courage to resist. It turns out that my friend is a war resister and has run to Canadaicon for asylum. This explains why he suddenly diasappeared and I haven't heard from him in forever. Can someone please explain to me when it became ok for soldiers shirk their duties and obligations? When I signed I knew that it was for 8yrs. I just cannot figure when it changed. We both served two tours in Afghanistan together and had each others back through many fights and other times when things were bad. I feel a sense of betrayal. Looking at this site I saw a lit of soldiers who cited some bs reason or another for resisting. I think it was just that they couldn't get college money and actually were required to do something. It further goes on to make a statement that these are the "real" heroes of the war. This kind of stuff makes me so disgusted. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.

Kind Regards to All
Rick
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.