NO Posting or PM's Allowed
    Last On
    @
    Local Date
    09-20-2024
    Local Time
    02:08 AM

Czech vz52 - Yay or nay?

So I was at a gunshop today and saw this weird rifle on the back wall. Had the clerk pull it forward and check it out. It is a 1956 vz52 rifle, something I have some passing knowledge of but nothing in depth. While not a super clean example it appears to have an original stock. No import marks, at least not that are left, and it's not one of the CAI jobs that were poorly painted with bed liner and appear to have been reparked at some point.

The OTD price is $370. Unfortunately it is in the original x45mm the best I could tell, and while the barrel and front hand guard match, the bolt carrier does not (shop was kind enough to field strip it for me). I'm really hesitant to buy something I can't really shoot. The bolt carrier was a plum/purple color - I first thought that this was the original color after seeing some similar guns but some are saying these were originally parkerized?

So any thoughts? GunStockMarket says that is not a bad price But if I can't shoot it I'm inclined to pass unless it's something really special.

Edit: If it matters, the factory is "She" and there is a "007" marking before the crossed swords and date (56). Aside from it being intended for James Bond, any idea what the 007 means? I've not found much on that.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by cipherk98; 07-09-2016 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Additional info