Hello all, I have been strolling thru here gathering information for a while but when I ran into a brick wall researching a mark, I registered to ask a question.
I picked up a Winchester M1917; the barrel and action are Winchester dating from 10-18 with a glossy black finish almost like thin paint, but 90% of the other parts are Eddystone from an arsenal rebuild I guess. The front sight and sear are Remington and altho there are no marks on the stock, the ill-fitting upper handguard has a "w co" mark on it.
It's always nice to see the research that goes on here but in all my reading I can't find a reference to the mark on the front face of the upper barrel band/bayo lug - it looks like a capital D.
In the right light, the capital D looks as if it have been placed over a large capital E... and I would guess like everything else it might mean Eddystone -but there is already a tiny E on the right side of the barrel band. Could it be a stamp from one of the arsenals refurbing?
I took a picture - if you can see it then I was successful in attaching it.
Thanks!!!!
JT
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.