I used to be a reenactor but now I am too old and lame to do any such thing. But, I still enjoy shooting my P-H 1853 Enfield. The P-H 1853 came as a 4th model which would be incorrect for American Civil War usage so it has been heavily modified- defarbed- which wasn't so common with the muskets back in the 1980s as it has become now.
There's a thread on it here...<https://www.milsurps.com/showthread....ht=Parker+Hale>

I have a model 1859 cartridge box that holds 50 rounds of paper cartridges (more on that to come). The 1859 (I think it was) system had the Britishicon soldier transfer rounds from the main box to an "expense pouch," a smaller pouch on the belt in his front and then a cap pouch on his cartridge box strap. I figured since I have the cartridge box, why not the cap pouch. Makers are few, far between and all pricey so I decided to make my own!

I made a few modifications, most notably a pull tab not found on any originals and I believe I combined features seen on different makers pouches so that mine is characteristically American- a Mutt, Heinz 57. But, it will work for me and will not be totally out of place because many such sets found their way through the blockade and into Confederate service. And besides being a 'Texian' I am a Reb at heart.

Here's my cartridge box complete with 25 year old blanks and I think a few live rounds.
Attachment 75471Attachment 75472

Here's the result of my efforts, the cap pouch,
1st photo L, As it should be; next 3 photos the pouch I made, and far R, in place on cartridge box strap
Attachment 75473 Attachment 75474 Attachment 75475 Attachment 75477 Attachment 75476
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.