With reference to post 7, it does seem like an outrageous statement to make to describe the Japaneseicon attack on Pearl Harbour as a "Pre-emptive Strike". After all the U.S.iconA. was still a neutral country at the time.

I too am fascinated by 20th century history especially military history of the 20th century and also family history. One of the slightly more bazar events in my family's history happened during WW1 to my late Gran, a child at the time, and her mother. To cut a long story short they found themselves in the unfortunate position of being held at gun point by a Germanicon spy just after he had been exposed as a spy. My Gran's mother reacted quickly to resolve the situation by thrusting her walking stick, with ornamental handle, hard up the German's nose. At this point my Gran ran off and so too the German, presumably with a very sore nose. I believe that the German was eventually caught. I still have the waling stick somewhere and if it comes to light I will post a picture.