Just won this in an online auction. I like good clean up rifles like this to save and bring back. The auction house didn't put too much info on arsenal or series number, but you can see it's a Nagoya on the receiver. 8th series perhaps? Lots of surface rust and some a bit deeper, but I'm hoping I can save it. Stock looks un messed with in my opinion and still has some writing in paint on the butt stock. Supposedly the mum is still intact but it's hard to see in the photos. I know a lot of times people will claim intact mums if even the tiniest part still shows.

The sling appears to be one of the "quick detach" varieties. Hopefully the metal on that will clean up a bit too. I figured those are a bit hard to find and it looks like it was on this rifle for some time. It was one of the other reasons I decided to try and pick it up.

Any thoughts, besides that I'm crazy for picking this up? Haha! I paid $290, but it'll be a bit more than that after shipping and buyers fees. I like cleaning up these "closet find" Japaneseicon rifles this past year.

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.