Many here that frequent the M1icon Carbine forum know that my dad used an Inland M1 Carbine on Iwo Jima in 1945. He was with the advance party of the 142 Army Garrison force, and landed on the island on D-Day +5. He was there the night of "the Big Banzai Charge".

Something I never mentioned before (mainly because this is an M1 carbine forum) is that he also carried a S&W Victory Model .38 Special. As a senior NCO, he had access to a 1911A1, but said he couldn't hit anything with the 45. He like the 38 revolver though, and felt he could hit what he aimed at with it. I know he used the carbine the night of the Banzai charge (he said it never let him down), but I don't know if he also used the revolver.

Today I finally I am acquiring a 4" martial marked Victory Model, .38 Special like my dad carried. I won it on Gunbroker, and can't wait to get it. This will go with my Inland and all my dad's WW2 stuff to honor him, my uncles, and all of that greatest generation.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.